Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Winter Candle by Jeron Frame, (Stacey Schuett, Illustrator) Review


When each family at the diverse Juniper Court apartment complex needs something to light up the dark of winter, the stumpy, lumpy candle provides a glow brighter than the fanciest taper, revealing the true spirit of each holiday it illuminates.
My Review:
I really liked that this book had all different kinds of holidays and all different reasons for needing the candle. It is so nice to read a story that shares the melting pot that we live in. The part of the baby eating a candle did not seem safe to read to young kids, but I grew up with fairy tales and unsafe stories too. My favorite part was that the weakest candle shined the brightest. The ending reminded me of what the holidays are all about. Giving and being with friends and family. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment