Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Anarchist's Girlfrien by Susan I. Weinstein Book Review



The Anarchist’s Girlfriend is set in the world of arts and politics of 1980's New York, where it evolved in art bars and was excerpted in The Portable Lower East Side. Not unlike The Idiot, which inspired this novel, the AG is a mystic, who works as a go-go-dancer; a clairvoyant who designs clothes of the future. She lives in a Bowery loft with The Anarchist, an ex-IRA militant, who silkscreens posters for Food for Vendettas--peace through organic food, and Sandy, a video vérité artist-nihilist, who uses her position as a switch board operator as a base of power. The story is told through the clear and compassionate eyes of Wayne, a deaf-mute journalist for the cultish News World run by the Llama, whose existential religion is the basis of a business empire. Character becomes destiny. As passion and hypocrisy erupt in a cloud of dust, the AG must save her imperiled city.

https://www.facebook.com/paradisegardensandtheanarchistsgirlfriend?ref_type=bookmark
http://eatyourserial.com/


My review:
I just finished reading The Anarchist's Girlfriend and it was a little different than the kind of book I usually read. This book takes place in The Lower East Side during the time of switchboard operators, before all of the devices that we take for granted, now. I really liked the storyline and the characters. It is a mystery filled with suspense. I give this book a 4/5. I was given this book for the purpose of a review and all opinions are my own.

1 comment: