Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Wrong Quarry by Max Allan Collins Review


A HIT. AND A MISS. Quarry doesn't kill just anybody these days. He restricts himself to targeting other hitmen, availing his marked-for-death clients of two services: eliminating the killers sent after them, and finding out who hired them…and then removing that problem as well. So far he's rid of the world of nobody who would be missed. But this time he finds himself zeroing in on the grieving family of a missing cheerleader. Does the hitman's hitman have the wrong quarry in his sights?
My Review:
The Hard Case Crimes are really fun and they remind me of crime stories like Dick Tracy. These are from the Pulp era that made crime novels what they are. The women are deadly, and the men mean business. I liked that this book was part of a series, but is also a stand only book. I love the action and the "surveillance" tactics. Quarry is a hitman and he takes out the bad guys. However he senses something is not right and has to decide who to kill, and who to let live. The ended was a good fit for the characters. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review from Night Owl Reviews, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment