Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Shaking Out the Dead by K.M. Cholewa Review


Geneva is a 62-year-old woman for whom love is a lesson.
Paris is a 29-year-old man for whom love is a feat.
Tatum is a 34-year-old woman for whom love is a tragedy.
But because love is none of these things, none know love. Over the course of four seasons in Southwestern Montana, all of that will change. A poetic journey through the landscape of the human heart, reminiscent of the work of Alice Munro and Richard Ford, SHAKING OUT THE DEAD is a novel that will take residence in your soul. Read an excerpt here.

My Review:
This was an interesting read. The book follows three people and how they learn about love, and themselves. I liked the format and it was easy to follow, however it was a book that I had to digest after I read to remember what was going on. This is a book where the characters are well written and involved. I recommend taking your time to really get to know them. It was worth it for me. Even the last page was profound, and made me think about time, and how much time we really have with each other. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment