Monday, June 9, 2014

KidCoder and TeenCoder computer science courses Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


The award-winning KidCoder and TeenCoder computer science courses will teach your 4th-12th grade student how to create their own websites, video games, and apps.  The self-study curriculum will introduce students to modern, industry-standard technologies like HTML, Java, C#, and Visual Basic.  Ideal for homeschool students seeking elective computer credit or any individual student who can't get material like this through their normal school system.

There are 4 independent course tracks that cover different subjects and age ranges as described here:
http://www.homeschoolprogramming.com/overview/product_overview.php

* KidCoder: Beginning Web Design (4th-12th grades)
* KidCoder: Windows Programming (6th-8th grades)
* TeenCoder: Winodws Programming (9th-12th grades)
* TeenCoder: Java Programming (9th-12th grades)

My Review:
I wish that I had this program when I was younger. Everything I learned about computers I basically learned by trial and error. In today's society every one has access to the web. There are so many blogs out there and so many different ways to interact. In school there are only typed reports. These are great courses for kids. Not only are they learning something, but it can be used to improve the way they do their schoolwork. I even learned some things as I went through some of these. I am giving this product a 4/5.I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment