Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wake by Dana Faletti Review


About the book: When Callie Evans discovered she was more than just an average 16-year-old girl, her whole life changed.  As a newly discovered archangel called upon from heaven, Callie’s destiny is to fight the Darks who are preying on human teenagers. When Callie meets Romuel, one of the most powerful angels of all time, he forces her to embrace what she is meant to be—a demon slayer.  Callie’s boyfriend Joshua, who is also an archangel, must set his pride aside when Callie’s attention is on the older and much wiser immortal Romuel. Joshua found her first. And he’s not willing to share. The Darks’ population is multiplying exponentially and Callie must find a way to stop them before it’s too late.

About Dana Faletti: Dana Faletti is the author of the Whisper series. She was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and resides in a northern suburb of the city with her three wonderful daughters, a loving husband and a hypoallergenic Siberian Forest cat named Fluffy G.


My Review:
I did not read the first book in this series, but now I want to. This book definitely had a Buffy feeling to it, and it was well written It was different enough to be interesting, but it was not so different that it made for a hard read. I really like Callie and I liked how the author made me feel like I knew how she felt. It is hard enough to be a teenager, but to have to deal with the supernatural as well seems like too much. I did like the ending and I am really happy the way that it ended. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review by Book Spark, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment