Monday, April 28, 2014

THE WALTON FAMILY COOKBOOK by Sylvia Resnick Review

Gathering around the dinner table to discuss the happenings of the day was a tradition that was cherished by all of the Walton family members. Good food and lively conversation creates a bond that is cherished and long remembered by each of us. The Walton Family Cookbook is filled with favorite dishes of the cast members. Ralph Waite's (John Walton) pot roast; Ellen Corby's (Grandma Walton) fresh baked Whole Wheat Bread; Judy Norton's (Mary Ellen) Health Salad and Michael Learned's (Olivia Walton) French Onion Soup and Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing are just some of the taste bud delights you'll find inside plus favorite anecdotes about their own family dinners.

My Review:
I loved this book. I loved to be able to go back in time and to remember all the different conversations while this iconic family was eating. I really liked that the recipes were easy to follow and the ingredients were easy to get. My favorite recipe was for Basic Bagels. It is a lot cheaper to buy yeast, flour, sugar, and salt, then it is to buy a dozen bagels. This book has a little bit of everything. There are soups, vegetables, main dishes, and desserts. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review from BearManor Media, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment