Sunday, April 6, 2014

Freakquency by Caddell Brown Guest Post


Full Blurb: What southern-grown, rock star Rick Chamberland doesn’t know about his family’s dark past comes to light when he returns home to Louisiana at the request of his mother. Rick has spent the last fifteen years of his life dedicated to music, touring the world, completely oblivious to the secrets coded in his legacy. Meanwhile, Song Peters, a dutiful daughter taking care of a dying mother, dreams of the day she can break free of small town life and pursue her one true passion, singing. Rick meets Song and instantly sparks ignite. They make beautiful music together and soon find that they share similar upbringings. Rick comes to learn that their families are supernaturally intertwined and that the one denominator (a demon by the name Nova) connected to both families threatens to destroy them all if they do not obey. 

Tagline #1: Fame is Murder
Tagline # 2: How far would you go for fame and fortune?

Author bio:

Caddell Brown, born and raised in East Texas, authors a range of speculative fiction. Among her early influences are artists Rene Magritte, film director Andrei Tarkovsky and authors Dan Simmons, Toni Morrison and Ai. It wasn't until after taking a course in Creative Non-Fiction that she grasped what writing could be as a form of expression and while most of her works are fiction, there's always something inside each story that touches on her years as an observant youth. Freakquency, her first novel under this penname, was inspired by the storytelling of her uncles, and other legends and folklore from around the world.

Caddell's official website: caddellbrown.com
Noma Black Publishing: nomablack.com



Guest Post 
My publishing journey.

Anything I've written came about through a question I wanted answer. A series of "what ifs" such as, "What if the lead character is a demon? What if the lead character is unapologetically evil? What if the lead character is African-American or Black? What if the lead character is from another time and place? What if the lead character is normal? What if the lead character is just like me?"

I wanted to write tales from the point of view of one of those "what ifs" mentioned above. My writing began with poetry then creative nonfiction then writing fanfiction to translating that fanfiction into my original fiction. I've written under another moniker and published three other novels and co-published one. I write now as Caddell Brown because I wanted to stray away from the kinds of work I wrote before. I wanted a new start and Noma Black Publishing offered me that chance. "Freakquency" is my first work under Noma Black. Because I had written the story years ago, the process in preparing the publication was so much easier than with my three other novels. Thank you Noma Black Publishing!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting today. ~ Stormi, Lightning Book Promotions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating! -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting me! :)

    ReplyDelete