Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Classic: The Rock Album by Jenny Oaks Baker Review

TRACKLIST:
- Kashmir/Four Season (Led Zepplin/Vivaldi)
- Everybody Hurts (REM)
- Sweet Child of Mine (Guns and Roses)
- Liverpool Suite
Pinball Wizard (The Who)
- Imagine (John Lennon)
- Stairway to Heaven (Led Zepplin)
Let it Be, Eleanor Rigby, Yesturday, All you Need is Love, Hey Jude(The Beatles)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon and Garfundel)
- Fields of Gold (Sting)
Clocks (Coldplay)

My Review:
I love these songs. What I really enjoyed is that Guns & Roses was different then other songs on the radio, when they first came out. It did them justice for their song to be redone in a new and enjoyable way. I can not read this tracklist without singing the titles! I applaud Jenny because these are involved songs. They are not just one or even a few notes. These songs are Some of the best on rock. I love listening to this song while I am doing things around the house. I know the song, and the violin relaxes me. I would love to see this amazing woman, who must have fine tuned ears to be exactly on key to the original versions, do a Queen cover. I am giving this album a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment