Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Sentinels of Andersonville Review and Trailer


Synposis: Near the end of the Civil War, inhumane conditions at Andersonville Prison caused the deaths of 13,000 Union soldiers in a single year. In this gripping and affecting novel, Christy Award winner and critically acclaimed author Tracy Groot recaptures the unsung barbaric truths of the historical Andersonville Prison in a riveting reimagining of the parable of the Good Samaritan.



My Review:
I love stories like this. Mainly because they are a part of my past as an American. There are so many things that happened to make my life what it is. I am from the Northeast, and what would be different if the Saouth won the war? The author used true quotes from people that were involved in the war. It is hard to imagine that Andersonville is a real place that visitors can go to. I would love to go and see the inspiration for this book. The writer also wrote about characters that were like so many during the war. Not only were friendships ripped apart, but families were as well. It amazes me that the Traitors of the South were punished, when the North won. It is definitely something to think about. They were trying times for our country, and I really enjoyed going back in time with the author. I am giving this book a 5/5. Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a copy of this book, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment