Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Garden Gate By Christa J. Kinde Review


The Garden GateSeries: Threshold Series

By Christa J. Kinde
Published by Zondervan
The Pomeroys pull together in the aftermath of the storm that shook West Edinton---and Prissie’s faith---to its very foundations. Letting go proves difficult, and holding on takes all of her courage. With the encouragement of a brother who’s in on her secret, Prissie finds her feet. With the help of the bane who’s now a brother, she takes a stand. As spring comes to the orchard, a cryptic remark from Abner hints at West Edinton’s long-kept secret. A beloved aunt returns from overseas. A faded angel takes up residence atop the Pomeroys’ refrigerator. A treasured friend must say goodbye. While ranks of the Faithful rally to defend what’s most precious, Prissie discovers that angels aren’t the only ones who are Sent.

My Review:
For me this book was all about good against bad and the people around you that help you get through it all. Prissie has a support system, and people that are there for her when she needs them. I really liked how the author made me feel like I lived in the same small town as Prissie. I got to know the people that live there and the author created a world that I could escape into. I would love to read more from this author and series. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review from BookLook Bloggers, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment