Sunday, January 26, 2014

Constantinopolis by James D. Shipman Review

Constantinople is the impregnable jewel of the East. The greatest city of the Christian world, Constantinople has stood for a thousand years against invading hordes.
Mehmet II, the youthful and rash Sultan of the Ottoman Turks is bent on taking the city. He is distrusted by his people and hated by his Grand Vizier. Mehmet risks all to prove he deserves the throne and to accomplish the impossible: the capture of Constantinople.
Opposing him is Constantine XI, the wise and accomplished Emperor of the Greeks. Constantine is emperor in name only, for the Greek empire has dwindled to little more than the city itself. Short of resources, soldiers and hope, Constantine must fight against all odds to protect his people and his city from the most powerful army in the medieval world.
My Review:
For me this was a story about how history could have been rewritten. I loved the historical accuracy      This is a great book to read, because I learned some history. I also really liked this time era of time and it was so interesting to read about the Ottoman Empire. I loved that this took place at a common time in history as well, it was easier for me to understand. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review from OrangeBerry book Tours, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment