Monday, January 20, 2014

Cast in Blood by Michelle Rabe Review

Cast in Blood
(Morgan Blackstone #1)
Available now on Amazon and Createspace.
To the outside world, Morgan Blackstone is an eccentric business woman. But, inside her chest beats the undead heart of a 21st century vampire. Behind the doors of her nightclub, The Dracul, Morgan rules with an iron fist in a velvet glove.

After a long night of wrangling unruly supernaturals, she is looking forward to some peace… but unbeknownst to Morgan, her own blood is conspiring against her. Just before dawn, in the deserted parking lot, she comes face-to-face with two old adversaries, one of whom she had last seen being sealed in a tomb, 400 years before.

Overpowered by her attackers, Morgan wakes inside the lab of an unscrupulous doctor. Held against her will, subjected to experiments, she soon realizes that something has begun to burn within her veins…
Something that she knows will kill her.

My Review:
There are so many vampire books out there that it becomes repetitive. However this author has created a plot that I have not read before. I have not read a vampire story where the main character is being tested in a lab. This was interesting for me because I really wanted to know who this lab doctor was working for. I also was very interested to see what he was going to do with the results. Morgan was pretty old, and when you live that long you definitely make enemies. I do not think she thought that she would meet up with them. This was a really fast read for me. The author did a great job of making me feel as though I was there with the characters. I could feel their emotions, good and bad. I will be reading the next book in this series. I can not wait to see what other talented plots the author has to write. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review from OrangeBerry Book Tours, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment