Sunday, December 8, 2013

When Love Never Ends by J. Alec Keaton Review


Sam and Sara meet at a dance and soon fall in love. Sam is a college man; Sara only a junior in high school. Sara is the girl of his dreams. He wants to be with her, and she with him. Plans for that happy future are squashed when Sara's bigoted father finds out about Sam's mixed Japanese-American heritage. He refuses to allow his daughter to date a "breed," and devises a cruel scheme to separate them for good. Years later, Sara seeks legal help, and the lawyer she contacts is Sam. Though she's in a difficult personal situation, Sara's feelings for Sam are easily rekindled, as are his feelings for her. Just when it looks like they will be able to have a future together, catastrophe occurs. After months of crippling grief and depression, Sam remembers a discussion with one of his old college professors about time travel. Though Sam once scoffed at the idea, the improbable now seems his only hope: to travel back in time and change the order of events--to change their destiny. (via goodreads)
My Review:
I really liked this book. I liked it for a lot of reasons. I loved the time travel aspect and how the author described time ripples. It was very interesting to read how Ebb and Sam thought that time travel was possible and what they were willing to give up to even try it. I think we all have a friend like Ebb. He reminded me of Doc from the Back to the Future movies, well maybe a little less insane. Sam and Sara. Their love was meant to be, and Sam was willing to do anything to get it back. Sara's father was my least favorite character. Although I did like that the author talked about racism in a manner that it needs to be stopped.  I also really enjoyed Sam and Sara's love for eachother. It spanned time, age and racism. However will time travel work? How can Sam save just one person? How will others be affected? What happens to the future? As I read the end of the book I wondered what if the time line is exactly as it should be? What if Sam and Sara are exactly where they should be? I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own. I very highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment