Monday, August 26, 2013

The Candle Classic Bible review


Description:
A Bible story for every day—365 of the best-loved Bible stories fully illustrated in a classic style will become favorites for children and parents alike, with each story divided into easy-to-read sections with the day, heading, and Scripture reference. Children are encouraged to spend family time together reading a new story each day.
Old Testament: From the Story of Creation to Isaac, from Joseph to Ruth, from Job to David, from Elisha to the Prophets.
New Testament: From John the Baptist to the story of Jesus, to the story of the Apostles, to John’s Vision of Heaven.
Unique Selling Points
• Strong traditional art style
• Ideal gift for the older child
• Encourages Bible reading every day

My Review:
I really liked this book. It was a nice refreshing take on the Bible that I could read without all the "drama" of an adult Bible. My niece is homeschooled and she is using a catholic curriculum. This was a perfect edition to her studies. She read the first few chapters and is still reading them! She loves it, and the pictures are also nice, she says. I think that are really pretty and capture certain moments in the Bible. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review from Kregel, however all opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment