Thursday, July 11, 2013

Where in the OM Am I? by Sara DiVello (Memoir, debut, June 11, 2013)


Where in the OM Am I? by Sara DiVello (Memoir, debut, June 11, 2013)
About the Book: A hilarious, heartfelt and entertaining memoir chronicling Sara's journey from the fast-paced, cut-throat corporate world (and her wine-guzzling, drama-loving boss) to the slow-living, cut-throat yoga world and the vast universe in between. 
The Devil Wears Prada meets Eat, Pray, Love in this engaging, inspiring tale of self-discovery. DiVello blends keen cultural observation with a terrifically wry wit as she balances her soul-killing corporate career with the world of New Age poseurs and guru-loving sycophants of her yoga teacher training. A great read for anyone who has ever sat in a cubicle, dreaming of escape.” --Kathleen Flinn, New York Times best-selling author, The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry

My Review:
This was about a woman at a dead end job. With a boss that was not nice to work for. She finally decides to take her life in her hands and leave the corporate ladder for a much calmer experience. I really thought that this was going to be more of a fiction story rather than a memoir. It was definitely an inside and true look at how greedy people can be to get what they want. I really liked the way the author didn't hold anything back. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment