Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Guide to Baby Sleep Positions. by Andy Herald and Charlie Capen Review!


Anyone who has tried to sleep with a baby is probably familiar with "The Snow Angel," "The Booby Trap," and "The Roundhouse Kick"; they've experienced these sleep positions even if they didn't know their official names. Now, with The Guide to Baby Sleep Positions, new parents can identify exactly which bedtime contortions they've already mastered and perhaps preview some positions that baby hasn't tried yet. 

Andy Herald and Charlie Capen are the talented dads behind the growing entertainment website HowToBeADad.com. Andy is a graphic designer and Charlie is an actor; together, they crank out a humorous stream of "anti-instructional" parenting content in the form of info-graphics, spoofy product ideas, and hilarious videos. All of their posts generate hundreds of "shares" across social media, but the Baby Sleep Positions stand out for garnering the biggest buzz. 

The Guide to Baby Sleep Positions features some of the most popular posts on the site (we can't leave out "H is for Hell" or "Jazz Hands"), but two-thirds of the content will be unique to the book, and ALL of the positions will be accompanied by new text. Packaged as a gifty paperback with flaps and priced at $9.95, the book is an irresistible gift for Mother's Day, Father's Day, or a baby shower, or simply as a shared laugh between new parents.

Biography

Charlie Capen is co-founder of "How To Be A Dad," an entertainment site for dads, moms, and those with no plans of procreating, whatsoever. Charlie's work has appeared on the front pages of Huff Post Parents, Art of Manliness, BabyCenter, AOL, Neatorama, Laughing Squid, Reddit, and a host of other websites that smell delicious. He lives with his wife and son in Los Angeles.

My Review:
This was so funny. I have slept with my niece and nephew, and I have ended up like a pretzel. I never realized how many of these positions I have actually done! My favorite was the Junkyard, with all the toys. My other favorite is the Petting Zoo with all the pets! The author also included side effects and tips on how to get through the night. I laughed so hard, I cried. I remember the dirty diapers and warming up bottles. At the time it was not funny, but looking back it is! This is a great baby shower or wedding gift(for pet owners)! It will definitely be worth the cost. I am giving this book a 5/5 because I have not laughed at a book like this awhile. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own!.

No comments:

Post a Comment