Thursday, June 20, 2013

Awesome Science Review!!!


I was given the opportunity to review these awesome dvd's with Study Guides. My sister home school's and these were perfect. My nephew just started to like Ice Age, and he asked me what a volcano was. So we watched the Mount St. Helens dvd. The best part was that Noah Justice is a kid, and he is easy for other kids to relate to. They were so excited to watch this! My niece is more of a workbook kid, and she loved the study guides. We took the kiddos to a Dinosaur museum and they had a small sand digging play site. When the kiddos watched the dvd about Fossil Beds they started saying we did that! They also started to ask about how they got so deep. I recently read a book about Noah's Ark to my Godchild and she connected the dvd to the book we read. We are also going to be taking the kiddos to a park in the summer and we were able to explain what to expect with the Yosemite dvd. We were able to do a Field Trip Plan!

This is a page from the Fossil guide. It teaches reading comprehension as well. You have to fill in the blank with vocab words. There is also a list of words to go over before you start the guide. This was great because then the kids knew what my sister was talking about!

There are also Bonus Activities to do in the guides. No matter how your child learns there is something for everyone. Visual, written and hands on activities ensure a good variety. This is also a great filler for summer days!

I was given copies to review for NLPG, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment