Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ghosts of Winters Past by Christina Graham Parker Review




Five years ago, Lord Henry left Lady Emmaline alone to face society’s scorn after the two were found in a compromising position. Now Henry has returned to London as the Duke of Salle, determined to win back the woman he never forgot. Lady Emmaline believes herself to be happy as a resigned spinster. Though her days are no longer filled with callers and balls, she has found her place in society and has no interest in romance. Her vow to withstand Henry’s renewed advances slowly crumbles, however, under his persistent and unwavering charm. Finally, they believe, the ghosts of their past have been banished. That is until a new scandal threatens to separate them. This time, forever.

My Review:
If I was Emmaline then I would be so mad at Henry. Who does he think he is? When he left for the continent he took her heart with him. I can not believe the deceit that went on in theis book by secondary characters. Emmaline and Henry were split up by the people that are supposed to love them the most. 
The Ton is not fun when they catch you in a scandal. Even as a spinster, the Ton still shuns you. You also get shunned by jealous women that want Henry for themselves.
I liked the end of the book, and I was glad that the couple got some closure on being split up. I would love to read about their wedding, and babies. I would also like to find out more from the secondary characters. I can't wait to read another book by this author. The plot and the characters were well rounded and this was a nice short read.
I am giving this a 5/5. I was given a copy to review by Night Owl Reviews. However all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment