Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Grace Painter by Mark Romang review for Kindle Book Review!

Check out my review of The Grace Painter by Mark Romang for the Kindle Book Review program!
Great read about redemption during a ticking clock kidnapping., April 30, 2013
This review is from: The Grace Painter (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this story. I was sad in the beginning, but the author had to make you feel the pain of the main character, or else you wouldn't feel his redemption. I enjoyed that Matthew was an ex-NYPD hostage negotiator, and lucky for FBI agent Annie, he is in the right place at the right time to help her. Poor Gabby is a kidnapped child that is being used as a pawn, and time is definitely not on her side.
However Matthew and Annie do not see eye to eye at first, and they each have their own pasts to contend with. They must put their lives and their pasts aside to save Gabby. Can they find her in time? I liked that they each had baggage, and their characters were so different, yet so alike. They both want to help strangers and to prove themselves, but with both of them having an alias, they are only proving who they are to themselves.
This was a fast paced book, and I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed that Matthew was a painter and that is how he worked out his issues. I did think that the book was a little too long, but I was never bored. I loved the thrill ride and as I progressed in the book, I found myself praying that Gabby would be okay. Matthew and Annie were great characters to love, and I wanted to help them. The two bad guys really ticked me off and I wanted to yell at Matthew and Annie to tell them where the bad guys were. The action does not stop there. There are also drug lords and people waiting in line to kill them. Who will get to the drug lord first, and how many bodies will pile up in the meantime?
I am giving this book a 4/5 due to length. However I read every word. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own!
"The Kindle Book Review received a free copy of this book for an independent, fair, and honest review. We are not associated with the author or Amazon."
Deal Sharing Aunt- from the Kindle Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment