Friday, March 8, 2013

The Last Keeper's Daughter by Rebecca Trogner

The Last Keeper's DaughterAuthor: Rebecca Trogner
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Mystery
Rating: Mature
To the outside world Lily Ayres is the privileged daughter of an old moneyed family. She is young, beautiful, and a talented horsewoman. All of which are enviably qualities, but few know that beneath this thin veneer of societal perfection lies a deeply troubled young woman. For Lily rarely speaks and is incapable of normal, human interaction.
Unable to understand why she is this way, she further retreats inside herself, until memories and suppressed emotions begin to bubble to the surface. Murder, revelations of her family's hidden purpose and dark secrets are revealed as she is thrust into the supernatural world of Krieger Barnes, Vampire King of North America
My Review:
I was intrigued by the prologue in this book. The minute I read it I was hooked. It was the beginning of a well written mystery that only got better with each turn of the page. I also noticed that Lily had some Autistic tendencies and I thought that the author did a great job of dealing with a character that has special needs. The love between Krieger and Lily stunned me because Krieger has never shared his vampire blood with a human before. Krieger had little choice but to save her life, because of a promise he made to Lily's father.
Is Lily human? Was she really the daughter of the man she called father?
Mysteries, murder and science fiction are all a part of this well woven story.
This is definitely one of my Vampire writers to keep an eye on! 5/5 There was nothing that I would have added to or changed in this book! I loved the cover, and the authors notes at the end were great.
I was given a copy for review, however all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Love your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thank you for reviewing my book. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete