Monday, March 4, 2013

Seven Year Itch by S.D. Skye Review


Her Family Was Vexed With a Generational Curse. Now for Lie Detecting FBI Spy Catcher J.J. McCall, the Truth is in The Seven Year Itch.

FBI Special Agent J.J. McCall is a born lie detector who recruits foreign spies to catch American traitors. She and co-case agent Tony Donato have lost two of their most critical Russian sources in the past two years, and they may lose another in just a few short days if they don’t catch him, The ICE PHANTOM, a rumored insider spy more insidious and elusive than Ames and Hanssen combined. They suspect he might be burrowed deep inside FBI counterintelligence—and his body count is going up.

Drawn into an unsanctioned mole hunt, they have a week to catch him, save a key source’s life—and their own. While J.J.’s lie detecting ability helps them narrow down the list of suspects, the lie she tells to herself may help the ICE PHANTOM defect to Moscow and get away with the murder of the man she loves.

My Review:
I liked this because the FBI agent is a female. She has been cursed with the ability to tell who is lying. She Does not have the ability to tell when someone is lying to her. This book scared me a little bit because the bad guys were deep in the FBI. They were hidden well and as the body count went up, the strength of the FBI was lessened.
That is not everything that is at stake though. If J.J. can not find the killer in time, then he will kill the man she loves. What would you focus on? Protecting the man you love, or finding a killer?
I found this book very suspenseful and I loved the element of mystery.
I also want to mention that the author was a past FBI Analyst. Some of the book takes place in Moscow, and some of the names were hard for me to read. Other than that the book was well written and I really enjoyed it! I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own!

REVIEWS TOUR:
March 4: Deal Sharing Aunt
March 5: Welcome to My World of Dreams
March 6: Nightstand Novels
March 7: PROMO Stephanie's Book Shelf
March 7: Long and Short Reviews
March 8: The Write to Read

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking time to read and review! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! If anyone has questions, please ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book! I've got it in my Kindle...just need to find time to read it :)

    carrie dot rogozinski at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I like how she's got a gift but it's limited.

    andralynn7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by! Only 5 stops left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books with great characters,a wonderful plot line, a bit of mystery & some romance... this one sounds like it's right up my alley ! Thanks for the contest & the opportunity !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book sounds like a very exciting read.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your review, it sounds like an intriguing and thrilling book. Thanks for sharing the giveaway. evamillien at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete