Monday, March 11, 2013

Chronicles of the Broken by Amanda Washington


Amanda Washington
Leeway Artisans
402 pp.
Young Adult Fiction
Chronicles of the Broken is a coming of age series that blends humor, drama, and youthful romance with mystery and intrigue. Book II in the series explores the lives of the series original six high school teens as they adjust to school life with their new found moral convictions. The book will be available in March of 2013.

My Review:
I like the plot of this book. High school was a tough time for me, and I could relate to the kids in this book. There are 6 kids that all have problems at home. Their homes are somewhat "broken". There is an adult at their school that a few of the girls flock to for companionship, but when she has a sick day, they are lost without her. These 6 kids keep crossing paths and start to bond great friendships that will help them through their troubles. I was thinking that this should be a reading book for high school kids to read over the summer. Even if it helps one kid see that there are other kids that have problems to, then it would be worth it. The book was well written and was easy to read. I really think that high school kids would like it as well. I did not like that it was to be continued, and I would have liked at least one of the 6 main characters find closure. I also know that this book gave a lot of background about the characters and that it is part of a series, so the next book will probably have the turning points of the character plots. I can not wait. High school is fun for some, and not so much fun for others. This book had all the drama and issues that I remember from high school and then some. I am rating this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review from bookcrash, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment