Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bichon Frise book review!

What an informative book about Bichons. I had Shih Tzus growing up and Shih Tzu puppies. I wish that I had a book like this. A lot of the Bichon issues are similar to all small dog issues. However the Bichon needs to be brushed daily and is in my opinion the most important thing to consider when getting this breed. The coat needs a lot of care, and is very time consuming.
The chapter on puppy proofing your home should be given to every new dog owner. I learned more information in this book, then I did by owning my dogs for over ten years.  I really liked the chapter on training. This information would have saved me many items that were chewed on!
There is also a list of references at the end of the book, that I am sure will come in handy.
My dogs were certified by the AKC, and I found it interesting to read about the history of the Bichon Frise as well.
ALL Bichon Frise dog owners should have this book. I am giving this book a 5/5 because if I ever get another small dog then it will be worth rereading.

No comments:

Post a Comment