Sunday, December 9, 2012

Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden Book Review


When I saw the description of this book, I wanted to read it. I am from Connecticut, and have been to Boston, where this story takes place. The Boston Harbor. The Boston Tea Party.... What New Englander would not want to read about Lydia, the heroine in this book, who works for the U.S. Navy in Boston Harbor? She is a translator by day, and her job brings her into contact with Bane. Bane's life is consumed with shutting down the opium trade. There is no room in his heart for Lydia, nor is there room in his life.
Lydia's translating skills are soon needed by Bane, and as she works for him their hearts slowly become intertwined. They both know the lack of room for romance, but that does not stop them from falling in love with each other!
I really liked this book, because it had history and romance, an I could relate to the setting of the book. It was well written and easy to follow. It was also a fast read for me, that I could not easily put down. There was a lot of action and and I did not know what was going to happen, until it happened. There was also a bad guy in the book that I wanted to lose everything, and that made me fight for Bane and Lydia even more. Lydia and Bane also have a past that shapes who they are. There are a lot of obstacles that Bane and Lydia must face, some together and some apart, but they will need to have each others back to succeed. Constantly being together and in love, may make Lydia and Bane double guess their no relationship rule.
I was given this book to do this review from Bethany House but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment