Saturday, December 10, 2011

Departures Book Review

I was given the opportunity to review the book Departures by Robin Jones Gunn. The book focuses on 2 stories. 1 about Christy Miller and the other is about Sierra Jensen. I chose this teen fiction book, because lately I have been reading really spiritual books and I wanted a fun book. I had thought that the book would be about the two characters mentioned above Crossing paths (as it eluded to on the back of the book). However the focus was on their seperate lives and vacations. After their vacations their part of the book was over. There was no finale. I kind of felt that I was missing something. You get to know the characters so well, and then its over. I loved the writing of the book, and I liked the plots. I just wish that the plots were closed better. However the author has written other books about these 2 characters and also offers book collections. I think that this would be a great summer reading program for teens, because they would have to read the next book in order to fully get the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment