Monday, March 23, 2015

First Blood by Judy Serrano Interview


About The Book
Diamond never asked to be a vampire. Unfortunately for her, her transition requires her to have her first blood given to her by a full-blooded, male vampire. Her father takes her to Dante, the kingpin of the vampire mafia, who is a close and old friend of the family, to do the job. After much resistance, Dante accepts and their worlds are turned upside down. Dante unexpectedly links to Diamond, causing a connection that appears to be unbreakable. The only known cure for vampirism is when a vampire links to the soul of a human: the soul that once belonged to them.
Diamond is discovered to have a special and unique bloodline, which makes her extremely valuable to the vampire species. As more and more vampires become aware of her gift, the race is on to see who can gain control of her first. With her first blood gone, her new love hovering, and a rival gang hanging in the midst, it is all Diamond can do to stay safe. Will her link to Dante save her, or put her in more danger than she can handle. Sometimes true love is worth the risk.


About The Author
Judy's book photoJudy Serrano graduated from Texas A&M University, Commerce with a BA in English. She is a substitute teacher at her children’s school district and teaches developmental writing at a local college. She is also a freelance writer for certain on-line periodicals and does editing for indie authors. She is the author of The Easter’s Lilly Series, The Linked Series, and The Ivy Vines, Visions Series.
Although she is originally from New York, she currently resides in Texas with her husband, four children, (all boys) and five dogs. She is also a singer/songwriter in her spare time.

Judy Serrano Interview
Where are you from? Tell us a little about yourself! I am from New York originally but currently live in Texas. I have a wonderful husband, four boys, a cat, and five dogs. (I know, crazy!) I am the CEO of Make Cents Editing, but more importantly, I write whenever I get the chance. I have a mafia romance series called Easter’s Lilly, a vampire paranormal romance series called, Linked, and lastly, Ivy Vines, Visions. My latest release is First Blood, which is book two of The Linked Series. What makes it difficult to keep up with my writing now, is that I am currently going to grad school to finish my MA in English, but I should be finished by May 2015.
Tell us about your book? How did it get started? First Blood, is the second book of The Linked Series. It is the story of the daughter and her adventures into vampirism. Usually when I am writing one book, the proceeding book is running around rampant in my head. First Blood has a lot of excitement and thrills, and there is a love triangle involved. I won’t say anymore so as not to give too much away.
How do you create your characters? I usually start out with a main character that I have something in common with, and then she takes me for a ride. The adventures these people pick, are never anything that I have planned. Sometimes my main characters are men, so that can be very interesting.
Where do you write? Is there something you need in order to write (music, drinks?)? I have a table set up in my living room, and that is where I write. I don’t need anything special to get my creative juices flowing. As a matter of fact, I can write anywhere, anytime. I have a gift where the voices in my head are louder than the voices around me. I can sit in a McDonald’s and write while carrying on a conversation with someone. It’s probably because I don’t have a lot of time to write. I am awake at night with storylines dancing through my head.
How do you get your ideas for writing? I do tend to dream storylines. This happens often. Sometimes I have to jump out of bed, just so that I can write some of it down. I also get storylines just randomly appearing in my head as I am going through my day. So, if you are having a conversation with me, and my eyes are starting to drift, that is probably what is happening.
What do you like to read? I love romantic suspense. Give me an alpha male and a sticky situation, and I’m all over it. Maya Banks and Stephanie Tyler are two of my favorite authors. I also enjoy a good young adult read. I LOVED Hunger Games and Beautiful Disaster. If there is a little bit of romance somewhere in the mix, I am good to go.
What would your advice to be for authors or aspiring in regards to writing? I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Don’t ever let the back-up plan become the plan. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will. Do not go to a lot of trouble finding that job that will help you sail along while you are writing. Before you know it, you will be working and not writing. If you are a true writer, your spirit will require you to write, write, write… So make sure that whatever you do, you allow your heart to soar.
Anything else you’d like to share? Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me today. I would love for you to stop by my Facebook page and "like" it while you are there. This way you can be updated on my latest books and reviews. Here is the link. Hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment