Thursday, January 15, 2015

Save Me by Kristyn Kusek Lewis Review

Description: ave Me
Save Me by Kristyn Kusek Lewis
Daphne Mitchell has always believed in cause and effect, right and wrong, good and bad. The good: her dream job as a doctor; Owen, her childhood sweetheart and now husband; the beautiful farmhouse they're restoring together. In fact, most of her life has been good--until the day Owen comes home early from work to tell her he's fallen head over heels for someone else.

Unable to hate him, but also equally incapable of moving forward, Daphne's life hangs in limbo until the day Owen's new girlfriend sustains near-fatal injuries in a car accident. As Daphne becomes a pillar of support for the devastated Owen, and realizes that reconciliation may lie within her grasp, she has to find out whether forgiveness is possible and decide which path is the right one for her.

My Review:
This is a situation that would be difficult for any spouse to face. To lose the love of your spouse and them to have to support his love for another seems devastating. Daphne was no exception. Owen has turned her life upside down and she is stuck. She is stuck in the middle of her husbands new romance, that he wants to leave her for. What would I do? I don't know. I would like to think that I would say he made his bed and has to lie in it. However true love might urge me to try and help him. Would I want to? No. Daphne has to also decide if she wants to "win him back", or if she wants to let him go. Would she ever be able to forgive? To forget? Is there someone out there that is better for Daphne? IS this meant to be? I also really thought about wedding vows, and what they mean. "Til Death do us part". The death of your life, your heart or your trust? Like I said, I do not know what I would do. the author did a great job of showing Daphne and her same issues throughout the book. the end was interesting, and I would love to see if she does what she says she is going to do.  I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however al opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment