Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Last Fernandez by Sandra Perez Gluschankoff Review



Blurb:

After being inexplicably removed from her family in a small fishing town in Argentina, six year-old Angelina is sent to a Catholic convent, where she spends her next twelve years. During her lonely days at the convent, she finds solace in the company of a mysterious presence, by the name of Sara Fernandez, which gradually reels her into the life of a Marrano family living at the end of the 15th century in Cordoba, Spain.
As Angelina embeds herself in the life of the Fernandez family, she understands that Sara is not a product of her imagination, rather the link to her secret past and her only hope for survival.
Set amid the notorious Spanish Inquisition and the murderous Dirty War in Argentina of the late 1970s, two women, more than four centuries apart, transcend the barriers of time and fight political and religious persecution to ensure the survival of their lineage.


Short Bio:

I was born and raised in Argentina, grew up there during the time of the Dirty War and immigrated to the US a little over two decades ago. While my academic background is in psychoanalysis, anthropology, Judaic studies, and Hebrew teaching, my interest turned to writing. Armed with a lot of chutzpah and plenty of Spanglish, I wrote nine feature screenplays, two of them a finalists in screenwriting contests, another optioned but never produced.
For three consecutive years, I served as a Judge for the Brass Brad Screenwriting Mentorship Award and in 2012, I was honored to be part of the judging panel for the University of California Santa Barbara Student Screenwriting Competition. I also wrote over a dozen articles, published in a couple of online publications and my historical novel, The Last Fernandez, was published by Martin Sisters Publishing, LLC, in October 2012. Currently I’m a script consultant for QOA Entertainment, and at work on my third novel. 

Sandra Perez Gluschankoff
www.palabrasandstories.com


My review;

I just finished reading this book and I was totally sad. The book was full of death, torture and grief. I know that it was the incredible story of two women caught in a horrible time in history. The storyline was okay and the characters were strong. The book was a little hard to follow but it was very informative to the reader.  I was given this book from the author via Book Review Buzz, for the purpose of a review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment