Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Cow in the Doorway By Gino Bardi Review


The Cow in the Doorway
By Gino Bardi

ISBN-10: 1519493398
ISBN-13: 978-1519493392
CreateSpace
Paperback: 308 pages
April 18, 2016, $12.99


Also available for Kindle




Cornell University, Ithaca New York, 1968: The barking megaphones of the antiwar protests never seem to shut up. The cafeteria food is awful and the coffee even worse. Tony Vitelli doesn't feel properly dressed without a STRIKE! T-shirt and an Iron Butterfly album under his arm. He can't see the top of his desk for all the books and papers. And his new roommate won't acknowledge his existence. Tony's first year at college is a complicated and bumpy ride. And very, very funny.

My Review:
This is a funny book. I am 35 and I loved the music references. I assume that my parents would enjoy this book more and would relate to the time period better. My dad used to say that Vietnam was bad. I can see why. This book, to me, is the American Pie or Animal House, of the 60's. I loved the title, loved the story line and can not wait to read more from this author. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy, all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment