Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Reach of the Banyan Tree by Mark W Sasse Review


















The Reach of the Banyan TreeChip Carson intended to marry a young Vietnamese woman until a tragic accident lands him in prison, forever altering the outlook of their relationship. As he struggles to cope with his strained love, a mysterious stranger appears bearing a journal about Chip’s grandfather who parachuted into French Indochina at the end of World War II. As the words in the journal reveal a life that Chip never knew, he begins to understand the depth of love and sacrifice needed in order to have a second chance at love. 
Part historical fiction, part contemporary love story, The Reach of the Banyan Tree is an adventure spanning two eras. It explores the effects of war, love, culture, and family obligation in twentieth century Vietnam through the eyes of three generations of American men, who each lost their soul in the tangled reaches of the banyan tree.

My review:
I just finished reading   The Reach of the Banyan Tree and it was a deeply written novel. It was heart wrenching and moving. It is also  a story of love, family loyalty, and forgiveness. I could not put it down until I finished it, I had to find out what happened at the end. I give this book a 5/5. I was given this book for the purpose of a review and all opinions  are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment