Monday, May 26, 2014

LOVE AND OTHER FOREIGN WORDS by Erin McCahan Review


About the Book:

Sixteen-year-old Josie Sheridan, whose chart-topping IQ is matched only by her lack of social grace, lives her life in translation. She speaks High School, College, Friends, Boyfriends, Break-Ups, and even the language of Beautiful Girls. But only a few people can speak her native tongue, like her best friend Stu and her sister Kate.  When Kate gets engaged to a particularly insufferable guy, Josie is sure that Kate’s making a huge mistake—and she’s determined to break the couple up. But as the sisters wage war over secrets and semantics, it’s Kate and Josie’s relationship that starts to fall apart instead. Forced to examine her feelings for a boyfriend who says he loves her, a sister she loves but doesn’t always like, and the best friend who hasn’t said a word, Josie must come to terms with the fact that there is still one language she doesn’t yet understand: Love.

Erin McCahan is an Ohio-dwelling, unabashedly Styx-loving, full-time writer who enjoys a variety of hobbies, excluding role-playing, sticky things, and karaoke. A former youth minister, she lives Columbus, Ohio, with her husband



Helpful Links:
Facebook: facebook.com/authorerinmccahan
Twitter: @ ErinMcCahan
Website: erinmccahan.com
My Review:
I enjoyed this book because it reminded me of my high school nights when I took college classes. I was young and ready to take on the world, and yet there were so many things that I did not know. Josie is very, very smart, but she is not wise in understanding love. You can not learn about falling in love from a book, nor can you learn about how important family really is. Josie's sister was a good character and I enjoyed how her and Josie bantered back and forth. This is a YA book that kept me interested. I really enjoyed the funny expressions and the author made me giggle. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment