Thursday, February 27, 2014

Christianity Lite by Glen Berteau Review

My Review:
This was a book that had a really good message. If you are going to do something, then do it to the fullest. Do not shave off the hard parts. I enjoyed answering the "Consider This" section at the end of each chapter. I also thought that the snippets of information for each chapter really related to the main theme of that chapter. The author did a great job including the different books of the Bible and relating them to his beliefs. I was happy that the author also used analogies to describe some of the harder points of this book. My favorite was the analogy of the medicine bottle. "Shake Well Before Using". There is more to the analogy than that, but I do not want to give away a spoiler. This would be a great book for people to read after they take the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I think this because it helps them to take their faith 100% seriously. There is also information at the end that the author shares about using this book in classes and groups. I am giving this book a 3/5. I was given a copy to review from Booketeria, however all opinions are my own. The author additionally included great quotes that were uplifting. My favorite was the quote from Martin Luther King Jr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment