Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tomb of the Ten Thousand Dead Audio Book review

Tomb of the Ten Thousand Dead
 Captain Gordon is hired to fly a team of American anthropologists to an arid mountain region now part of Pakistan bordering the Arabian Sea. All goes well until an ancient map is discovered in an old pottery jar, revealing the site of a vast treasure that Alexander the Great was bringing to Greece from his conquest of India. More than 10,000 of Alexander's soldiers and camp followers lay buried in the high desert plains along with the loot of India—hidden in a tomb never to be reclaimed. With the map's discovery, all academic pretense is dropped. Now Gordon finds himself caught in the middle of the expedition where murder replaces scholarship as the best method to uncover the valuable hoard. ALSO INCLUDES THE ADVENTURE STORIES "PRICE OF A HAT" AND "STARCH AND STRIPES"
Charge into all the action in the full-cast version of Tomb of the Ten Thousand Dead featuring Josh R. Thompson. Also starring R.F. Daley, Ralph Lister, Jim Meskimen, Joey Naber, Noelle North, Enn Reitel, Fred Tatasciore and Michael Yurchak. Each production is packed with music and cinema-quality sound effects, putting you right into the heart of the story.
CD: $12.95
Release date: August 2011


My Review:
L. Ron Hubbard is a fantastic writer. His books are wonderful, and this is the second audio book of his I have listened to. I love treasure maps and ancient artifacts. My mom wanted to be an archaeologist. I get my interest from her lol. I can not imagine finding a map from the time of Alexander the Great.
The story is about Gordon a pilot. He was only supposed bring the anthropologists to Pakistan and to bring them back home. What he didn't plan on was being the only survivor. 
This was really cool to hear, especially when Gordon felt something soft, and it ended up being hair on a corpse. That is just one of the awesomely gross things I got to picture in my mind as I listened. 
There was a great sub plot of treasures found and murderers. Gordon almost didn't make it alive. If anyone else should find the site, then they will find all sorts of bodies from all different time periods. 
"Price of a Hat" is also included, and is about cards. Which I also love to play! 
"Starch and Stripes" is about soldiers. 
All three stories were great and I really liked them. I love the way the voices change and the special effects sounding off. The plot was enjoyable and there is a small twist at the end. The best part was listening about the mummies! I am giving this audio book a 5/5 and definitely recommend it!  I also included an old David Carradine interview/ YouTube video below! Enjoy !
I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.


Book Quote:
Tomb of the Ten Thousand Dead
I have been asked to tell this story a hundred times. I have only told it once-to the British government, when they were quizzing me about the slaughter of the Lancaster-Mallard Expedition to Makran, Baluchistan.

My part was a major one only because I was the only man who escaped with his life. And that was strange because I had no real interest whatever in the findings of this expedition.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment